Thursday, January 26, 2012

Family Matters

One of the few perks of living in the great state of LA, is that we are close to family. The Toddler girls love seeing their grandparents often, and it's great to have support from relatives. My girls have a very special love for their "Uncle Rynan". He's been wrapped around their little fingers for almost 4 1/2 years, and is an awesome uncle.

The other day, Molly came into the living room with plaid shorts on. Since it's January, I told her that shorts weren't the best choice.
Molly: But Mom! They're just like what Uncle Ryan wears! I look beautiful like he does!

As troublesome as my beautiful girl taking fashion tips from a grungy male college student might be, it pales in comparison to another recent situation.

I had my hand on my tummy, and Molly stuck out her belly, started rubbing it, and innocently said...
Molly: There's a baby in my tummy too! It's Uncle Ryan's baby!

After I finished stifling my laughter, I did my best to explain to her that Uncle Ryan couldn't be her baby's daddy.

Me: People that are in families don't get married to each other. You have to marry someone that's not already in your family. When two people get married, they make a new family! So when your daddy and I got married, we made a new family. Then we wanted it to grow, so we had you and Lucy.

Clearly I didn't make much of an impact...

Molly (gently cradling a doll the next day): Look mommy! It's Uncle Ryan's baby that was in my tummy!

::Sigh::

1 comment: