Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Overheard at the Doctor's Office

At the doctor's office, a mom with two little kids sat next to us. The oldest was probably 2 1/2. He noticed two women who walked in wearing a hajib. After considering them for a moment, he turned to his mom and loudly asked "Is that baby Jesus?". They were across a very crowded waiting room, so I don't think they heard.

This reminds me of the time Molly accompanied me to a doctor's appointment. As we waited in line, Molly said "Look Mommy! It's Captain Feathersword?". I turned to see a man with a black eye patch sitting across the waiting room. Hoping he hadn't heard, I told her to be quiet. She yelled "Mommy, I think he's a PIRATE!".

What was the most embarrassing thing your toddler said in a public place?


No comments:

Post a Comment