Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Beginnings of Modesty

Molly Toddler is growing up.

The other night, she streaked into the living room after a bath. When I asked if she'd like to sing a song (which she loves to do) she squirmed for a few seconds and said "Um... no thank you. I don't want to sing while I'm naked!". This is the first time I remember her being self consciousness about her birthday suit.

This morning, she was "helping" me clean off a trailer, and got her clothes soaked. This was unacceptable and she demanded to take off her shirt and pants. I told her that was fine as long as she kept her panties on, and got out her pool so she could play in the water. She then asked me "Mommy, why can't I take off my panties outside?". One step forward, two steps back...


No comments:

Post a Comment