Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Highlights 5/31/11

I saw Molly looking through the barely opened door.
Me: What are you doing?
Molly: I was "payking"!
Me: Peeking?
Molly: Yes, peeking! I was just finding you out!
Me: Finding me out?
Molly: Yes, I just wanted to see what you were doing...
Sigh... I'm trying to fight the good fight and keep my children from having a southern accent. I'm afraid it's a lost cause if she goes to school here though. At least Molly says "you guys" instead of "y'all".

I heard a strange noise coming from the bathroom and felt the need to investigate.
Me: What are you doing?
Molly: Um... I'm just making sure my nose doesn't get any bow-gers in it.
Me: Any what?
Molly: Boooooogers.

Molly and Daddy toddler were having a "star party" in her room. This involves a plastic star that is throwing the party.
Daddy (addressing the star): Are you having a party?
Star (held by Molly): ::nods vigorously::
Daddy: What kind of a party?
Molly (after whispering to the star): It's a Butterfly Duckie Party... NO.. Wait! It's a polka party!
Daddy: Is it a Butterfly Duckie Polka Party?
Molly (shaking with excitement): YES!
I think she got the polka party idea from the wiggles:


I was changing Lucy Toddler after her nap this afternoon, and she was talking up a storm. I asked her to say various things (up, diaper, mama, all done, play) and she happily obliged. Then...
Me: Do you want to play with Molly?
Lucy: Mah-nee!
Me: Molly did you hear that? Lucy said your name!
Molly: She did!!??
Me: Lucy say "Molly"!
Lucy: Mah-nee!
Molly: Hahaha. Lucy is such a character. She's such a character for saying my name to me!
Lucy's the character in this situation? Riiiiight...

No comments:

Post a Comment