Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Highlights 6/12/11

Molly (after church today): Dad... do you want to go in my airplane? So that we can go to meet Jesus? Wouldn't that be so friendly? We could fly to go see him!
I think we have some ecclesiastical confusion... Especially after the next conversation:
Molly: DADDY! I'm going to pretend that you are Jesus!
Daddy: Wow, you must think pretty highly of me.
Molly (playing with some change on the table): I'm going to give this money to my Bible teacher.
Me: Well, we need to put it away until next weekend.
Molly (thinking quickly): Here you go daddy! This is for you!
Daddy: An offering??? I think she is confused.

Molly: I want to change my skin.
Me: Really? How do you want to change it?
Molly: I want to take it off. And then I will have no skin at all!
Me: I don't think we can do that...
Molly: We will take it off. But I won't have any bones...
I think that this request was prompted by a recent viewing of the Science School House Rock.

Molly was pretending to be a doll...
Daddy: Can you walk?
Molly: No!
Daddy: What would happen if I dropped you?
Molly: Um... I think.... I would be dead.
Daddy: Oh no! Molly Dolly, I think I need to put you down.
Molly (pointing at her stuffed animals): I think if you put me down, the fighters would come. And they would fight me. And I don't want to be fighted.
Molly Toddler's exciting revelations while pretending to be a doll:
I didn't know I could raise my arm!
I didn't know I could walk!
(while pretending to talk to daddy on the phone) I didn't know I could call yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment