Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday Highlights 6/16/11

I brought Lucy Toddler into her big sister's room because she kept signing/saying "play". Molly was hard at work in her kitchen, and turned around with her phone in hand.
Me: Lucy wants to play with you.
Molly (with a very serious look): I'm too busy. I'm working right now. I cannot play.
Me: Oh... well, you could take a break. Even grown-ups get to take a break.
Molly: I am taking a break. I'm talking to my brother on the phone right now.
Molly proceeds to have an imaginary conversation..
Molly: Oh no. OH NO!
Me: What's wrong?
Molly: He's doing bad things to the house. He's being a toof.
Me: A "toof"? Do you mean toot?
Molly: No mommy... he's being a toof.

Lucy: Aaaay
Molly: MOM! Did you hear that? Lucy said "A". She's learning her abafet!

Molly: I want to blow out some candles.
Me: Not today sweetie. But you know what, in a few weeks it's going to be my bithday. And we can-
Molly (interrupting): Mom, let me tell you something. In a longlonglalalalooooooong minute, in a loooooolalalalalalang day, it's going to be MY birthday.

I've been making freezer jam, but Molly decided she doesn't like it. Every time I put a finished jar on the counter or work on another batch, she gets upset and tells me she doesn't like that kind! This morning, she opened the refrigerator and screamed.
Me: What's wrong sweetie?
Molle: There's JAM in here. It's the icky kind and it's in my fridge!!!

Molly: 6,5,4,3,2,1... and that makes a thermometer. It makes the cold. It helps the thermometers make your body healthy. And you can get a whole body way to eat. That's why you take a thermometer and tip it through your body.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Laughed out loud about the comment of the icky kind being in her fridge!! LOL

    ReplyDelete