Friday, July 8, 2011

Dance Camp 2011 - Anticipation

Last week, Molly Toddler and I had the following conversation:

Me: Molly, next week you get to go learn how to dance!
Molly (dejectedly): No mommy, I can't go...
Me: Why not?
Molly: Becuase I just don't have a beautiful dress.
Me: Well actually, I have two leotards for you.
Molly: Leotard?
Me: They are clothes for dancers. I have a black one and pink one.
Molly: I will wear the black one. Because there's a black wall there (not sure where she go this idea from), and all the other girls will be wearing black.
Me: Actually, I think they might wear pink.
Molly: Oh... I will wear pink then.
Me: I'm also going to put your hair up like a dancer.
I gathered what hair she has, and fashioned it into a bun.
Molly: Oh mom... that looks fan-tas-tic.
Me: It does?
Molly: Yes... and it kind of looks like a pumpkin. Or a hay-stack on top of my head.

Today was Molly's first day:


Check out the tap shoes!


Molly doing a ballet pose:


I said "Molly, make an "O" with your arms, and she did this:

For those that haven't watched a ridiculous amount of Signing Time, she signed the letter "O".

We have dance camp every day this week. I hope to determine whether Molly will enjoy it enough to commit to lessons next year. When did my baby get so big?



1 comment:

  1. she's such a good little dancer :)

    I think I know the girl in the top middle of the first picture... could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete