Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Highlights 7/8/11

Happy (belated) 4th of July from the Toddler Family!

Look at us- all color coordinated! :-)

When I'm out of the house all week, it's nearly impossible to record the Toddler girls' adventures. Here a few gems:

I gave Molly a snack of blue berries and tomatoes.
Me: Don't those colors look so nice together?
Molly: Yes! They look like children lining up
Um... What?

Lucy Toddler is getting some toddler attitude. The other day, she picked up Molly's cup, glared at her and says "No... ME!"

Me: Let's get dressed.
Molly: NO! I'm being a bear.
Me: But look at this cute new shirt!
Molly: WOW! It's very colorful! I want to wear it!
Me: But I thought you were a bear.
Molly: Yes, but now I'm a clothes-bear.
I assume that is taxonomically related to a "clothes-horse"...

Molly: Why are you wearing my clippies!!!
Me: I found them and just put them on.
Molly: You weren't being polite to me. You weren't sharing.

I finally got Molly to try some of the homemade strawberry jam a friend and I mide this week (she was not a fan of the blackberry flavor).
Me: What do you think?
Molly: I estimate it was good! We should have some strawberry toast!!!

Molly is banging her plate.
Me: Stop making that noise.
Molly: But I just wanted to see what the echo looks like.
Almost kiddo... :-)

Because it's about a million degrees down here in the swamp, we rarely play outside during the summer. That doesn't mean the girls don't get to go swimming:



Who needs water :-p


No comments:

Post a Comment