Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Highlights 7/18/11

Daddy Toddler and I were at the final Harry Potter film. Molly Toddler had the following conversation with her babysitter.
Molly (pointing at a shirt on the couch): Is that daddy's shirt?
Sitter: Yes.
Molly (puzzled): But... is daddy walking around with no shirt on? That's so silly!
She pondered this for a minute.
Molly: You know what? I think he probably took of this shirt and put on a different shirt!


Molly: I'm Bob the Builder. Look at my tools!
She has measuring spoons stuffed into her pockets.
Me: Those are great tools, Bob. Can you be Molly again?
Molly: Wait a minute. I'll get her...
Molly ducked around the corner, twirled around, can came back with completely different posture and a very high pitched, breathy voice.
Molly: Why hello Mommy! I'm Molly again!

In Lucy Toddler news, she is talking like a champ. Today she said "apple" when she saw a picture of one. She frequently asks for her "pashy", to go "ow-shy" and for a drink of "shoooo".

In quandary Toddler news, we think Lucy has figured out how to open doors. I don't know how this is physically possible, because she can barely touch the bottom of the handle. However, she got into the toilet 3 times today, and I am 99% sure that the door was shut. I would put a child lock on the door, but Molly frequently needs to get in on a moment's notice. Will I risk toilet exploration or wet panties? I just can't decide.

2 comments:

  1. when Lucy says Pashy it just makes me "awww" ;P I luvs her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how all 3 of those words make her sound a little drunk :-p

    ReplyDelete