Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

When I was a kid, I remember waking up at the crack of dawn, anxiously awaiting the "ok" to go hunt for and devour egg-encased goodies. My brothers and I went after them like crazy shoppers at a Black Friday sale.

Our Easter was a little different. I had to wake up the girls up Easter morning so they could hunt for eggs, open their baskets, and we could still be on time for church.

Molly enjoyed the hunt, and Lucy enjoyed scooting around and following her. They were both quite excited about the baskets, though Lucy obviously had no idea what was going on...



According to Molly, there were "so many eggs all over the whole house"! In fact, I hid eight. Each contained exactly one jelly bean. Molly was in absolute blissful candy heaven when I told her she could have all the candy in the eggs she found and all the candy in her
basket. I think she ate a grand total of 11 jelly beans.

My thought was that I'd rather give her less candy total and let her eat all of it at once than try to ration candy to a three year old. She was thrilled and I didn't have to worry about potential sugar issues.



You probably think I'm a crazy controlling mom. I submit this evidence to the contrary:

You can tell Lucy is my second child. Why? Because I've loosened up enough to let my 14 month old eat 2 Jelly beans. I even cut them in half for her. See, I'm relaxed and easygoing...

Molly with one of her 11 jelly beans:


Lucy Toddler refusing to look at the camera in her Easter dress:

Molly Toddler (Note the fairy wand. We had quite the tantrum when she wasn't aloud to take it into church... ):


Somehow, these are the only two pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. Oops!

2 comments:

  1. I love that their was one jelly bean in each egg! I'll have to use that next year. Your little girls are Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that I could let her have "all the candy she wanted" without worrying about sugar :-) She doesn't know any better!

    It was so great to see you as well. Your little man is sweet, handsome, and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete