Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Highlights 4/5/11

This morning, Lucy Toddler pulled up on the back door to look at the dogs. She kept repeating "Dah-Guh!" and laughing hysterically. I love that it's a two syllable word. :-)

Molly: What time is it?
Me: It's 8:45. Time to leave for school!
Molly: Oh, so "H"forty five is when we leave for school?
Me: No sweetie, 8:45. It's a number not a letter. And now it's 8:47, and soon it will be 8:48.
Molly: When?
Me:... Now!
Molly: And next it will be 6:48!!!


Molly saw a nondescript train on the back of a book.
Molly: That must be one of Thomas's friends. I think it's his cousin!
I love how everything in her world must be related :-)

Molly Toddler was outside looking at the a hibiscus plant.
Molly: I think this flower is going to shut-up!
Me: Excuse me?
Molly: Shut-up!
Me: What are you saying to me?
Molly: The flower is going to shut-up. It's going to open and close that's "shut-up".
I warms my hear that that is her quite literal understanding of that word. Ah innocence :-)

In other toddler news, Molly went back to Mother's Day Out for the first time after the incident a couple weeks ago. She was much reformed. Her teacher went out of the way to tell her and me how good she was. It's silly how much this lowers my stress level.

No comments:

Post a Comment