Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Highlights 4/21/11

Last night, all of our fire alarms went off at about 11:30.

It's very difficult to think clearly when your ears are being assaulted. After what seemed like 5 hours of incessant ringing (probably more like 10 minutes), Brian realized that it must be the humidifier in Molly's room. Sigh...

The amazing thing was that Molly slept through the whole thing. Lucy did NOT. Poor thing. Perhaps that is why she slept until 9:30 this morning: long past the moment when the mommy fear hits and you have to restrain yourself from going in and checking on them. I am a firm believer in not waking up kids unless you absolutely must. I refrained, and she woke up happy and hungry at 9:30, and went own for a nap at 11:00. Apparently she's decided to change her schedule just in time for our 9:00AM 4 hour Shriner's appointment tomorrow. Joy.

Here is the best of Molly for today:

Molly: I don't want to watch Sesame Street. I want to watch Caillou. And he is on Netflix. So I need you to come help me get some Netflix on the big TV.

Molly: Do you know what smells good?
Me: No, what?
Molly: You smell good! I love you!

Molly: I NEED TO GO POOPOO!
Me: Ok...
I follow her into the bathroom.
Molly: Um, I'm going to have privacy mommy please.
She called me back to wipe her and gave me a little too much information.
Molly: Did you know that at Grandma and Papa's house, Papa want privacy when he goes to the bathroom? And I waited and waited for him, and he was very busy!

Molly: Can I watch the Veggie Tales pirate show?
Me: In a minute...
Molly (flexes her arm and points her elbow at me): AAAARRRM!
Me: What?!
Molly: I'm saying "AAAARRRM!". Like a pirate does.
I just about lost it... :-p


No comments:

Post a Comment