Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Highlights 4/17/11

While I was climbing Mt. Washmore, Molly went into the laundry room with a mischievous look on her face.
Me: Molly, what are you doing in there?
Molly (twirls and bats eyelashes): I want to help you do the laundry, please!
I melted. She really meant it.


I decided to have a garage sale last weekend (thus the brief hiatus), and my brother Ryan graciously helped watch the girls Friday morning. A friend brought her boys over as well, so things were quite lively. Eventually though, Ryan encountered a situation he did not know how to handle.
Ryan: Hey, I really need some back up.
Me: Coming... What's wrong?
Ryan: Um, I'm not sure what happened, but they're naked.
Me (after laughing uproariously): Don't worry, I'll take care of it.
Ryan: They were sitting nicely on the couch watching a show and all of the sudden they were both running around with no clothes on. I asked him (Molly's friend) where his clothes were, and he said "I lost them".
Me: Molly, what happened to your clothes?
Molly: I WAS GOING POTTY! THEY'RE IN THE BATHROOM!
Eventually, both children were re-clothed and all was well. I'm just so used to the constant partial nudity that comes with taming toddlers that it wouldn't have occurred to me to think of it as a situation...


Molly: Oh no mommy, it's messy!
Me: What's messy?
Molly: This bowl. I made something?
Me: Oh no, what's that?
Molly: It's pink ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment