Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Domino Effect

At least one Toddler has been sick for the last 2 weeks. The domino effect began (I think) when Lucy picked up a nagging cough from Mother's Day Out. When I took the girls to the doctor on Monday, Molly did not want to cooperate.

Molly: I don't want to go to the doctor. I'm all better.
Me: But sweetie, you're coughing...
Molly: It's ok- I'll just cover my mouth. That will make it all better!
Riiiiight...

On Monday, Lucy was diagnosed with her very first ear infection. Not bad considering that she's over a year old though it was a pretty crappy birthday present. Happily, she seems much better after a few days of antibiotics and several sleeps with a humidifier. :-)

Last night, I felt the first stirring of a tickle in the back of my throat, and this morning Molly woke up with a fever and pitifully told me her ear hurt. So it's back to the pediatrician...
Sigh... Score one for contagious illness :-p


No comments:

Post a Comment