Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Highlights

The Toddlers were on their game this afternoon. Here are a few highlights:

Me: Molly you need to get in bed and take a nap.
Molly: Mommy, why are you telling me to get back in bed? I was just sipping some pretend tea at the picnic.
Me: You can have a picnic after your nap.
Molly: But I'm not READY:-(

I left the kitchen after giving Molly an introduction to grating cheese. I came back in a minute later to find her with a mouthful of cheese and a guilty look. She said "Mommy, I tried to slice the cheese, but I couldn't so I just ate it all up!". Luckily, she'd only eaten a little...

Lucy was in Molly's room, delightedly banging a metal baking tin with a spatula. Molly walked in, grabbed a paper towel roll, and started pretending it was a "trumpet". Apparently, this is accomplished by putting one end in your mouth and yelling as loud as you can. Not to be outdone, Lucy took the spatula she was using as a drumstick, put it in her mouth, and started squealing away.

Molly had a bunch of post it notes and a pencil...
Me: What do you think you're doing?
Molly: I'm taking a test.
Me: Oh really? What is a test?
Molly: It's when I turn into a princess!
(I realized later that she was referencing Dora's Fairy Tale adventure...)

Molly is scooting around on her bottom and using a spatula to "sweep up some peanut butters" from the floor.

And now Molly has used the spatula to hit Lucy because she was trying to come into her room-I gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment