Monday, February 28, 2011

Sudden Early Risers


The Toddler girls have decided to start waking up almost 2 hours earlier than normal. Daddy and I are not amused. The thing is, we can't figure out why!

It might be that they've been sick and their sleep schedules are messed up. It could be that it's getting light earlier, but that's been a gradual thing that wouldn't explain the sudden change. I'd blame an outside bus-stop noise, but they woke up early this weekend too.

They both have curtains that make their rooms dark, and they both have fans to block out outside noise. Their bedtime hasn't changed, nor has their nap schedule. Maybe that I need to cut out Lucy's morning nap, and stop letting Molly nap entirely.

This is putting a kink in our mornings since daddy is used to getting up and getting out without anyone else getting in the way. He's a quite frustrated with all the "helpers" in the mornings, and I'm not sure what can be done to fix it.

At this point, I'm just holding on until Spring Leap. This at least will trick Daddy and I into thinking the girls are sleeping later. Til then, any suggestions would be welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Our kids have been doing the exact same thing! It's weird. All of the sudden, they've been waking up anywhere between 5:30 and 6:00 AM! Not sure why either. They have all been sick for the last couple of weeks, too. But now I'm trying to beat whatever sickness they had, which is hard to do without enough rest! It's a vicious cycle! :) I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly kiddos, waking up like mornings are fun :-p I'm glad you're enjoying our crazy stories :-) I love hearing about the goings on of your troupe via Facebook and seeing pics of your beautiful family! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete