Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pink: it's not even a question

When a very pitiful, feverish Molly woke up this morning she had only one request:

Molly: Mommy, can we go to the doctor and get some pink medicine for my ear?
Me: Of course sweetie
Molly: Good. Cause I think there's a rabbit and a bug in my ear.

Yeah... I'm sure that's the problem ;-)

I assured her that we would go to the doctor but, because Lucy had physical therapy this morning, she had to wait about 5 hours from the time she woke up to when we actually went. When I got home from Lucy's appointment, Molly was passed out next to her uncle/babysitter. It wasn't even 11:00am- poor kiddo.

After prying her out of bed, we went to the pediatrician's office. Molly perked up a little at the sight of "Pin-oh-co-nose" playing in the waiting room, though she was a little upset that she didn't get to sit in the room with the TV (it's in the "well" waiting room).

Upon looking in her ear, the doctor said she had a very bed ear infection. Molly gave the pediatrician a very serious look and carefully said "may I please have some pink medicine to make my ear feel better?".

Then there was a shot. It's amazing to me how it takes 2 adults to hold down a 29lb 3 year old. It's like a teeny tiny crocodile death roll... She still managed to whip her bottom around at just the wrong moment and cut herself on the needle. Afterwards, she waddled around like a duck for twenty minutes whining about the owie on her bottom:-(

As we were leaving, the doctor told me that he wasn't sure what color the medicine would be. I told Molly this and she got extremely upset. Improvising, I offered pink candy to be taken with the medicine if it was not pink. This was deemed acceptable.

After putting Molly down for another nap, I went to the Target pharmacy hoping that they could change the color of the medicine if needed. Luckily, it was already pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment