Friday, February 25, 2011

Toddler Translations: Molly on "Ogres"

Molly Toddler likes to interpret what her little sister says. She has no regard for the size of Lucy's vocabulary, and simply goes by what things sound like to her 3 year old ears.

This morning, Lucy was talking to her almost empty sippy cup. She made a babbling noise and the following conversation took place:
Molly: Did you hear that Mommy? Lucy said 'Ogre'!
Me: Really? What's an ogre?
Molly:.... Mommy, can you tell me what's an ogre?
Me: No, what do you think it is?
Molly: I think it's kinda like a big scary ghost.

Not a bad guess I suppose... Stay tuned for more Toddler Translations. They happen all day, every day around here!


Update: Molly saw the picture of Shrek and...

Molly: what's his name?
Me: That's Shrek.
Molly: Is he happy?
Me: Looks like it.
Molly: I think he's kind of a little bit scary. What does he do?
Me: I don't know sweetie.
Molly: I think he like to fight people.

Again, that's a pretty darn good deduction...

No comments:

Post a Comment