Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Highlights 3/18/11

Molly Toddler woke me up this morning by crawling into my bed while holding a box of tangram puzzles. She was disappointed when I told her she'd have to play with them at the kitchen table...

Molly and I have conducted several "experiments" involving using primary colors to make other colors. This morning, she progressed to more advanced color combination questions:
Molly: What happens when you add purple and blue?
Me: Well you get a more blue-y purple...
Molly: What happens when you add orange and blue?
Me: You get brown.
Molly: Um... That's kind of silly... (tries it) OH! Mommy it DOES make brown!
Molly showed me a finished drawing
Me: Oh Molly, it's so beautiful. You did such a good job on it!
Molly: But Mommy, this hand is not perfect "enouth".
My 3 year old perfectionist :-p

Toddlers are loud. I was unloading the dishwasher and Lucy scooted up to "help". While my back was turned, she began to systematically unload the utensils, licking each one before she threw in on the floor. Not to be outdone, Molly grabbed a metal pie server and began repeatedly dropping it on the floor, saying "Listen! It sounds like a BELL!".

Lucy was playing in the laundry room this afternoon while I sorted clothes. She began scooting away, stopped, looked at me and said "Bye-Bye"! As I left the house this evening, Lucy said "Bye Bye Mama". I melted into a Mommy puddle of love :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment