Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Highlights 3/14/11

I made homemade black eyed peas on Friday. I was a little nervous because it was my first time using non-canned beans (Here's a link to the recipe - I didn't use the tomatoes and would recommend using about 2/3 of the water they suggested). They were a hit here at the Toddler house, especially with the youngest Toddler. Lucy is still enjoying them several days later!

Lucy is really starting to initiate conversation. This afternoon, instead of screaming bloody murder when she wanted more food in her high chair, I heard a sweet little voice say "ah-duh ah-duh" (All done). She was in there signing all done and smearing residual bean mess all over herself. I asked her if she wanted more and she said and signed "breh breh BREH" (bread). I love the early communication that signing with your baby makes possible. Asking instead of squealing is the best :-)

Molly Toddler demonstrated her tantrum skills for much of the day, so I don't have any endearing quotes. I'm not sure what's going on, but hopefully she'll be back to her sweet self tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment