Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Highlights 3/7/11

Molly loves to "snuggle buggle" in the morning. Who wouldn't want to snuggle that face?

Molly: I'm going to wash the pink chalk of my hands
Me: That sounds like a plan
Molly: That's what my play-un is!
I cannot figure out where Molly is picking up a southern accent. I don't have one, Daddy Toddler's is mild, and her Mother's Day Out teacher is British.

At the end of Lucy's 1 year check up today, a nurse came in and told the doctor he was needed in another room. A few seconds later, something quite loud and traumatic sounding happened one of the other rooms...
Molly: What is going on in there? Why is that boy yelling?
Me: I don't know sweetie.
Molly: He's having very bad manners.
Me: Well, why might a little boy have bad manners at the doctor's office?
Molly (pondering): I think maaaaybe he is getting a shot.
Me: Well, you sometimes have bad manners when you get a shot, so you might be right.
I later found out that the kid was getting staples removed from his head. I'd yell too...

There is nothing quite like watching your child fall in love with one of your favorite movies. When we got home from Lucy's appt, Molly said: I just want to have some quiet time. I want to watch Mary Poppins and drink some juice. How can I say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment