Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Highlights 3/21/11


Yesterday, Molly asked if we could go to the zoo. I told her that we could go to the pet store today and pretend it was a zoo.

Molly: The pet store? I will get to pet ALL the animals!
Me: Well, we call look at all the animals, but we don't touch.
Molly: But it's the pet store. I will pet them all. And I will tickle them and they will laugh to me. And I will laugh to them!
Me: You mean laugh at them?
Molly: Yes! We will have a birthday party!

When we went to the store today, she was so good :-) She was incredibly excited and loud but didn't touch anything.
There were 2 dogs running around...

Molly: Do you see the two dogs. One is black and one is white... Just like the ones at HOME! They match Mommy! They are the SAME!
Not sure why this was so exciting, but it was. :-)


Lucy was absolutely fascinated by all the animals. I'm hoping the trip sparked an interest in learning what they are. Molly was about Lucy's age when she started identifying animals, and Lucy already says "dog".

I leave you with this picture. I think the appropriateness and hilarity of the name was lost on Molly...

No comments:

Post a Comment