Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Highlights 3/12/11

I let Molly Toddler try on some roller skates at a garage sale today because she has expressed great interest. She spent about 30 seconds in them and then looked at me with a grave expression.
Molly: Mommy, I don't want these skates. They are just too slippery!
Seriously? What did you expect kiddo? :-)

Me: We're going to go on a treasure hunt!
Molly: Treasure!? My piggy bank can be some treasure!
And later...
Molly: Mommy I want my piggy bank so I can go dig for some very treasure!

Molly was singing the ABCs and said "LMNO-Pay" several times. Thinking she was just being silly (and sounding rather southern) I corrected her.
Me: Molly, it's L-M-N-O-Pee not "Pay".
Molly (sighs and gives me an exacerbated look): No mommy, I'm saying it in Spanish. The letter P is "pay" in Spanish!
Touche...

I was telling Molly all the things she needed to clean...
Molly (Sigh): Wow... I have so many works to do.
Me: You mean, so much work to do?
Molly: Yes. I have so much works to clean!

My favorte quote of the day comes from Daddy Toddler.
Me: I love my southern gentleman husband.
Daddy: I love my wild alaska woman who would rather be an ice road trucker than a pageant queen.
It's totally true :-)

2 comments:

  1. Greg has asked me on numerous occasions if he can go be an ice road trucker, or possibly a king crab fisherman. I'm considering blocking the Discovery Channel from our lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't have kids, I would SO go commercial fishing in the summer and make $$$ and then teach the rest of the year...

    ReplyDelete