Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday and Sunday Highlights

Last night, Molly Toddler told a whopper. I'd painted her finger nails earlier in the day, and she had clearly chewed the polish off several fingers.

Molly: Oh no Mommy! I don't have pink on one... two... three fingers!
Me: Ohhh... I think maybe you bit your nails and it came off.
Molly: Um... no. It MELTED off! That's what happened to them!
Me (sternly): No, it didn't. I know you chewed it because you had pink pieces on your teeth when I picked you up from Grandma and Papa's house. Molly, you need to tell me the truth. Did you chew your nails?
Molly (in a serious hushed whisper): I think.... that... a FOX came and CHEWED IT OFF! Do you want me to tell you the story about the fox and his mommy?


I changed Molly into play clothes after church today. Her sarcastic response?
Molly: A princess shirt? Lovely...

We had a wonderful visit with a wonderful friend the last few days. She is already sorely missed!
Molly: I'm just so sad about Auntie Jen.
Me: Why?
Molly: Becuase I miss her. And I love her so much and she loves me so much. And I want to hug and kiss her all the time!


I've been trying to find a push toy that would move at an appropriate speed for Lucy Toddler. This evening, she took matters into her own hands.


2 comments: