Wednesday, March 2, 2011

She blinded me with... analogies!

I consider running errands to be a good time to engage my captive audience in stimulating conversation. Molly Toddler and I talk about phonics, rhyming, science, and whatever else I can think of.

Tuesday morning, Molly and I were talking about analogies. First, I familiarized her with the wording of an analogy:

Me: We put a glove on a hand, but what do we put a shoe on?
Molly: A foot!
Me: Great! So Glove is to hand as shoe is to...?
Molly: Foot!
After a couple more examples like this, she began rattling off answers like an AP English student. (well, maybe not quite. But she's 3 ;-)

Me: Sky is to blue as grass is to...?
Molly: Green!!!
Me: Boat is to water as airplane is to...?"
Molly: Sky!!!
Me: Molly, "Ah" is to A as, "Ffff" is to...?
Molly: "F"!!!
Me: "A" is to "B" as"1" is to...?
Molly: "2"!!!


This whole thing kind of blew my mind. In a good way :-)


She quickly got bored of this, and wanted to "tell (me) some questions".
Molly: Mommy, where do we put our carseat? Do we put it in the grass?
Me: no...
Molly: Do we put it in the water?
Me: no...
Molly: Do we put it in the car?
Me: Yes!
Molly: Good job Mommy! Now will you tell me a bedtime story???

I love that girl :-)

Edit:

Here are some more!

3 comments:

  1. She is too precious! I loved how she told me about her bad manners today. lol She is so smart and you are a wonderful Mom. -Jessi L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww- thanks Jessi :-) She's a sweetie and I'm proud and blessed to be her mama. Even when she drives me crazy ;-)

    ReplyDelete