Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Highlights 3/16/11

Toddlers are very literal creatures. This can lead to amusing situations.

Molly Toddler was two and happily eating a big plate of broccoli (yes, my child is weird ;-). She got it all over her hands and started fussing for me to clean it off. I told her that if she'd just use her fork it wouldn't be a problem. She gave me a 13-year-old worthy "Mom you're crazy" look, and began scraping the food off of her hand using the fork.

Tonight, we were playing "Sack of Potatoes" with Molly. It was all fun and games until she got too close to the oven (I was making baked potatoes). She began screaming and crying. When asked why she said "PLEASE DON'T PUT ME IN THE OVEN! IT'S TOO HOT FOR ME!".

Is it bad that (once I calmed her down) my first thought was "Oh please don't say something about being put in the oven to your Mother's Day Out teacher tomorrow"?

3 comments:

  1. XD I can picture this all too well! I love her lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's pretty funny!

    Lboy runs from the oven crying when it's heated up. And if anything I'm cooking ever starts to steam he flips out! It scares him...who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been quite vehement in my insistence that she not touch the stove/oven when it's on. Maybe I need to tone it down before I scar her for life. I'm still a little afraid of using an electric hand mixer because of some of the *embellished* horror stories I was told as a impulsive and curious toddler...

    ReplyDelete