Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Toddler Mommy Moment: Lost Wedding Ring



I lost my wedding ring this morning.

I grabbed my socks, shoes, shirt, and rings to go put them on in the living where I could monitor the youngest Toddlers.
Somehow, my ring disappeared between the nightstand and the couch. It was no longer in my hand. I spent 5 minutes retracing my steps to no avail.

This happens all to often.

Call it Mommy Brain or ADHD- I forget stuff constantly. It's never important, static things like tutoring or doctor appointments. I don't forget to feed my children or gas the car. I do forget where I put my keys, purse, and phone.

The locations of these items (especially my phone) are in frequent flux, and my brain just does not keep track of them. Daddy Toddler calls my phone about every other day so I can find it. I am not entirely to blame for this though- Molly often "borrows" my phone and puts it in fascinating places.

This morning I let Molly play angry birds on my phone while I grabbed an extra 10 minutes of shut eye. When I could delay getting up no longer...
Me: Ok sweetie, where's my phone?
Molly: I DON'T KNOW!
Me: What do you mean?
Molly: I think it's lost!
Me: Did you look on the floor?
Molly: It's not there. I gave it to my brother Michael. I think he hid it!
Daddy Toddler called the phone and it was stashed in the bed covers. Sigh.


When Molly Toddler was about 2 1/2, we were about to walk out the door to run some errands when she stopped in her tracks.

Molly: On no Mommy!
Me: What's wrong sweetie?
Molly: I can't find my phone! It's lost!
Me (trying not to crack up): Well, lets look for it in the kitchen.
We went to her play kitchen and I found a play phone.
Molly: There it is. Ok, we can go now!

The wedding ring story has a happy ending. After giving up after 5 minutes because I had to attend to a tiny Toddler tantrum (Lucy wanted more beans), I felt something odd in my shoe.


Ah, Mommy Moments :-) Have you had one lately?

2 comments:

  1. The phone bit is hilarious! My MIL always says that kids start tattling on their parents at a very young age because they mimic everything we do...and she is so right! My MIL has all kinds of info on the things I do after she babysits for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain- Molly's been imitating us from a ridiculously young age... (I'm going to eventually merge these blogs, but I don't know how yet...)

    http://sullibaby.blogspot.com/2008/11/if-you-cant-say-anything-nice.html

    ReplyDelete